Warps

Sep 20, 2015
I think that you should be able to make warps for a certain amount of R's. It could be 25k or 50k or 100k to create a warp. I don't think any body should create a warp. You have to be at least a slayer. I think this will be good because if you want to go to a shop. You have to go into spawn, go to a portal and go through many shops before you get to the one you want. If you could create warps you could easily do /warp whateverthenameis. This will not only make it easier for you but easier to go to different places. Please tell me what you think about this idea. Thank you

Apr 8, 2015
Louisana
Iif you mean personal warps, then that would be practically buying more homes, and that would keep people from donating for the homes. But if you mean public warps, then this would be a cool idea, because only admins can set warps, (I think) and admins are busy people, so being able to set warps to help get places faster would be pretty cool.

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
This is a cool idea and yes, only admins can create warps. There is one flaw though. When one shop becomes inactive we remove it from the list so we dont have someone that is taking in the money while never contributing to the server (they being offline for months then pop up from time to time). So we, the staff, will remove them from our spreadsheet (to keep the lists equal) and from the list. They would not beable to remove the warp from the list making it so people could come.

Another method we could do is add a spawnpoint on a region so people could teleport to that (saying that they are in the same world where the shop is) with the command /rg tp -s [name].

Sep 20, 2015
Doing /rg tp -s [name] is pretty much like /warp. The only downfall is you can't see and of the names of /rg tp. If you don't understand what I am saying... If you do /warp it will pop up on your screen all the warps. If you are looking for a shop you can just do /warp and see all the shops to choose from. If you do /rg tp -s and it pops up what names to choose from I don't see a problem with it there. Another downfall we be, if you can see the lists of /rg tp -s someone can teleport to your home and you may not want that. Atleast if you create a warp they won't be able to go anywhere you don't want them to.

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Surfdude890 said:
Doing /rg tp -s [name] is pretty much like /warp. The only downfall is you can't see and of the names of /rg tp. If you don't understand what I am saying... If you do /warp it will pop up on your screen all the warps. If you are looking for a shop you can just do /warp and see all the shops to choose from. If you do /rg tp -s and it pops up what names to choose from I don't see a problem with it there. Another downfall we be, if you can see the lists of /rg tp -s someone can teleport to your home and you may not want that. Atleast if you create a warp they won't be able to go anywhere you don't want them to.
You have to set the spawn in a region before anyone can actually /rg tp -s, and you also set where the spawn is so they wouldnt tp to your home unless you set it in your home.

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Which part? The warps out the /rg tp -s ?

Sep 20, 2015
Personally I like /warp better, but /rg tp -s seems to be the same thing. What I'm getting to is that hopefully one of these two will make it to the sever.

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
I'd prefer to save warps for server-related things. Shops come and go quickly and money is a tough thing to use as the control mechanism because some people have a TON of it and others have none. Some people can afford to buy hundreds of warps even.

We can definitely look at making getting to shops a bit easier but I don't think warps are the way to go.