Jeyzus

Apr 10, 2015
Ability ideas needed for the following classes/faiths:
Time, Fate, Nether, Aether, Nature, Tech

More to come

[[[[[[[[[Topic Merged]]]]]]]]]]
Rune said:
Hi all,

With the new rank system coming soon, "Runic Faith" will be introduced. I won't go into crazy detail here, but you'll be able to follow particular faiths and be rewarded with spells/powers as you progress.

I'd appreciate if you could suggest spells that you think could be fun. The sky is not the limit here... but please suggest what you can think of and it'll help! :)

Some ideas that have been thrown out or are already in the works:
-Grow nearby crops
-Restore some health when the player would otherwise have received fatal damage, 10min cooldown
-% chance to set nearby monsters on fire when player takes damage
-% chance to add absorption to player when they take damage
-% chance to grant haste when player chops logs
(I have most of the % chance to grant a potion effect covered... ;) )

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Hi all,

With the new rank system coming soon, "Runic Faith" will be introduced. I won't go into crazy detail here, but you'll be able to follow particular faiths and be rewarded with spells/powers as you progress.

I'd appreciate if you could suggest spells that you think could be fun. The sky is not the limit here... but please suggest what you can think of and it'll help! :)

Some ideas that have been thrown out or are already in the works:
-Grow nearby crops
-Restore some health when the player would otherwise have received fatal damage, 10min cooldown
-% chance to set nearby monsters on fire when player takes damage
-% chance to add absorption to player when they take damage
-% chance to grant haste when player chops logs
(I have most of the % chance to grant a potion effect covered... ;) )

johnnywaffles123

Preacher of Insanity
Jun 13, 2015
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Okay so for each class working on ideas, but just throwing these out there. (All X's are based on rank for the faith)

Time: Idea #1, Rewind: (the restore some health upon death and not die was my idea, so that for this but I'll go into more detail) Upon taking fatal damage, instead of dying, would 'take you back in time' (so to speak) restoring X hearts and grant immunity for a very short time frame to ensure the passive isn't wasted (based on rank as well, nothing more than 1 second though)

Fate: Idea #1, InevitableDemise: If your targets takes damage that would reduce them at or below 10% max health, they will be executed for attempting to 'avoid' their inevitable demise. Has a X% chance to proc and has a X minute cooldown. (on bosses such as Wither bosses and ender dragon, the max health percentage is instead lowered to 5% and the percentage chance is halved)

Nether: Idea #1, NetherBorn (or Abyss Born your choice): Have X% increased damage, and take X% reduced damage while in the nether. Idea #2, Vampirism: Grant X hearts every X kills. (Passive animals like cows, would only grant .5 towards the X kills)

Aether: Idea #1, Angelic: Have X% chance to take X% reduced fall damage, Upon sprinting grant a 20% speed buff for X seconds (X minute Cooldown) Idea #2, Frenzy: Grants X% speed buff that lasts for X seconds every X kills

Nature: Idea #1, Cultivator: Crops and saplings that YOU plant grow X% faster. Food harvested that YOU planted have X% chance to double drop, Food eaten that YOU harvested restores X extra food bar. (You basically have to do everything for any of this to actual benefit)

Tech: Idea #1, ElectroShockTherapy: Have a X% chance to 'shock' your target, and deal extra damage, also applies a X% slow and a X% damage debuff to afflicted target for X seconds. (would work on bows and swords) Idea #2, TechnologicallyEnhancedArmor: Have a X% chance to block X hearts amount of damage from all attacks

Well that's all I got, let me know what you think [wave]

Jun 23, 2015
This is just a sub category but maybe have like a Witchdoctor category to where everything you do focuses on sacrificial properties like killing sheep and killing mobs with potions. This will be something hard to achieve and have to put time into. Maybe apply this as a final ULTIMATE TEST religion (Mastery).

I will try to come up with ideas for the religion ranks, mind is empty! :(

Jun 27, 2015
Time Abilities: Hunger Bar goes down more slowly, ALL potion effects last 1.5× longer.
Time Spells: "Flash". Swiftness 1 and haste 3 for 10 seconds.

Fate Ability: johnnywaffles' idea is really good. But make it apply to the player, too, for balance. Lose 9 hearts of health, and instadie ;)
Fate Spell: "Zeus' Anger" Rain lightning on the unfortunate soul that decided to mess with you.

Aether Abilities: Hunger bar only needs to be 80% full to regain hearts. Only needs to be level 25 to get level 30 enchantments from the enchantment table.
Aether Spells: Arrows deal 25% more damage (cos cupids lel), swiftness 2 for 10 seconds

Nether Abilities: Same idea as johnny's, but with the inverse for the overworld.
Nether Spells: Set all hostile mobs in a 5 metre radius on fire, fire resistance 3.

Nature Abilities: All sorts of meat give half the hunger bars they usually give, and all sorts of non-meat food give triple the hunger bars when waten. Planting a sapling regenerates a heart. Wooden weapons deal 3× more damage.
Nature Spells: instantly harvest a row of crops.

Tech Abilities: Repairing items on anvils cost 10% less experience. Iron Armour gives 50% more protection, and 10% chance of dealing damage back to enemy, but other armours give 25% less protection. Mining ores give exp.
Tech Spells: *Using a bow* Rapidly shoots arrows for 5 seconds.

For the Ranks:
I'll come up with 3 main rank names for each class, if that's enough. Too noob to think of really good names, but some of these are decent I hope. XD

Time:
Day-Crawler
Chronovator
Vicisviator

Fate:
Apprentice
Monk
Cenobite

Nether:
Fiend
Demon
Rakshasa

Aether:
Priest
Saint
Angel

Nature:
Tree Hugger
Nymph
Faunus

Tech:
Blacksmith
Engineer
Alchemist

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Good ideas so far, thank you! Keep 'em coming :)
Don't need rank names for each faith though - rank + faith will be 2 separate game mechanics. :)

Solunai

Jun 13, 2015
I LOVE johnywaffles123's idea it is so good and unique i just love love LOVE it. <3

Artgirl702

Jul 5, 2015
South Mississippi
Got another idea... this should be applied before transfer to new system. Setup a Staff in charge of certain ranks. Explain someone over settlers, someone over explorer, etc. That way "Head Staff" won't be attacked once entering into the server. This will push stupid questions and situations away from people who need to focus on making the server better. (Just a Thought) :)

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Well, I plan to make a thorough tutorial for all the stuff... just like the one I have right now.