Should the server be completely reset?

Should the server overgo a complete wipe?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2015
Alright, I know what you're all thinking after that title... "What about my amazing home and op farm that I've spent so long on! Now I don't need to do anything to make so much money and spam levels for my jobs!" and that's what I'm gonna talk about.

Now, the server has had a long time to develop and manage itself since the last reset, so now people are at different stages of development. But one thing I've noticed is that there's a large portion of us that have hit a large milestone (and roadblock) which is the master rank. Quite a few of us have reached a point where days are just a number that show when we joined, and ranking up to master just requires that pesky dungeon maze, but after you reach the top what do you do? Wait around for the next cool plugin to come out? Help out any players that need it, although there are also others for that... Anyways what I'm trying to say is that we're running out of things to do. Once upon a time we all would compete for who was the best player, and I just don't see that type of motivation in any of us anymore. We kinda just sit there and talk about "oh how's work been?" "fine, yours?" etc. etc. You get what I'm saying.

I don't think we need an expanded border, although that would be an amazing thing to implement for a wipe, I think we need a complete reset, no money, no ranks, just donor ranks and the day counter (with a separate counter made for days since reset). That way we can have it so there's no op shops that sell some essential things for very cheap prices, and there's no more lazing around for people who can just buy whatever they want. Take jencrafter for an example. She was a very dedicated player, who was very focused on being the best. That is exactly what she did, and did very fast. She reached over 1k in every mcmmo skill, reached $28 million (2nd behind Rollie's $58 million) and left, no more jen, no more trying, because there was nothing else to do.

I realize it's not a popular opinion, so I'd appreciate if any comments posted aren't too hateful, thank you for reading my opinion on what should happen.

- Fletch

RaveLuth

May 30, 2015
Hey Fletch :roll:

I get what you are saying. [ok] I don't agree with a world reset, though it would not upset me as i am always starting something new but we have players on here that have worked on homes, farms, etc... for a long time and have pride it what they have made. I am interested to see the numbers on your poll as more ppl vote and get a feel for the will of the people. Rune tries his best to keep us happy and provide us with a fun and safe place to play. Just something to think about, would you expect a huge server like mineplex or hypixel to world reset? [no]

[21] (He has a life, job, etc, Rune and all staff do this for free and if you donate he gives you some perks to say thanks. You know he pays for the server right?)

You stated the op shops selling hard to get items for cheap, ok so whats the problem... you want to put the work in and get stuff with your own blood, sweat, and mouse clicks, do it! :eek: No one is making you buy from shops. Maybe some people don't have your skills to be 100% independent and could use some help from the more experienced players so they too can enjoy playing and progressing.
Once upon a time we all would compete for who was the best player, and I just don't see that type of motivation in any of us anymore.
I really hope your not upset that your not topping the leaderboards and getting a HutmanGaming [poop] attitude, because he was the only one I ever saw bragging about how good he was and he was top this, that, and the other. Every second of every day he was on. [22]

Now.... i know a lot of people want to claw there eyes out after some of the mazes so they can rank up [52] . But if it were easy you would burn through the ranks so fast and be asking the staff.. "now what?" Also, we have the jobs system and the faiths. Have you done all of them? [bulb] (the answer is no, i checked). Then there is the slime fun, sure its got some bugs but that is out of our control and we have to wait on the creator of this plug in to look at and fix the bugs 1.9 created. We also have the creative contest for people to participate in, there is a new one coming up soon. Don't for get we have parkour, the mob arenas, blockhunt, and [knife] PVP arenas. [49]

[coffee] Not your cuppa tea, [1] we are opening the borders and add the "border lands". check out the story line in "Borderlands Diary", http://www.runic-paradise.com/newsdetail.php?newsid=94/ There will be harder mobs with new drops [gift] , but you are going to have to grind for em just like wither heads.

Coming soon to a server near you (by server near you I mean RP) SkyBlocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [26]

[?] Who knows if we get the lag issue created by the uber programing mumbo jumbo I don't fully understand :?: resolved that links stuff and makes all the happy happy things happen, I may start hounding Rune to add a Prison, Hunger Games, and Faction servers over time. But hey lets get real for a min, that takes more server space and needs a better server (memory and processing power, you get the idea) and that takes cash, like monthly, and i don't see donations helping out enough to swing that. You know all the ppl that have paid for /fix and fixing everyones stuff for them, for free, all the time. Hint Hint Hint [28]

johnnywaffles123

Preacher of Insanity
Jun 13, 2015
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I'm with Rave on this one. Everything he said is pretty much my own opinion put into words.

But i am also curious to see what kind of votes this poll gets.

Duras77

Apr 6, 2016
Brooklyn, MI
sirj77.wordpress.com
WEBSITE
http://sirj77.wordpress.com/about/
YAHOO
jasonsha77@ymail.com
While I just started a few weeks ago, I've never really been apposed to starting over. If you only knew how many modpacks I've messed with over the years, didn't like my spawn area, etc etc... To me, starting fresh is the most challenging, trying not to starve and die those first few game days, and fixing some of those first day mistakes. But I actually made an effort to make nice-ish house here instead of my typical ugly functional box or cave. lol So, meh, I could take it or leave it. :)

Apr 30, 2016
kktwojingle.deviantart.com
TWITTER
kktwojingle
WEBSITE
https://kktwojingle.deviantart.com/
YOUTUBE
kktwojingle
i think you have a point here but people have worked hark for what they have and if it all restarts they they would lose everything [21]

Th3D0ctor

May 6, 2015
A lot of work has gone into not only making this server fun but with a variety of different ways to have it. Custom plugins are NOT easy, and we have TWO. I do not disagree with your right to say what you did about the server, however I politely disagree with it.

__TARDIS__

Dec 14, 2015
We are getting borderlands so..