Muting For "language"

Status
Not open for further replies.

52bugs

Jun 11, 2015
Yes, I have been muted for 5 minutes a little bit ago, It has come to my mind that it isn't right to take away my freedom of speech, I should be able to say what I want when I want to, If someone tries to take away this right for saying "Fuq a Duck" (I am not even saying a swear word) because it is against the server rules I would like to challenge that.....

Would you rather me say the real word to get it off my mind? Or something close to it and still 'G' rated..... I don't find it right to have one of my rights taken away, it is given to me as an American and no one, not even a foreigner can take this right away, I don't care if the staff are foreign I should be able to speak my mind.......

Bugs

52bugs

Jun 11, 2015
It doesn't even say in the server rules that I can't say something like it... And until the rules are changed I forbid myself and I will and I mean it Will get my voice heard....

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Re: Muting For "language"

<t>This server is open and friendly to all, including children and families. Server chat needs to be kept in line with that.<br/>
<br/>
You can say whatever you like in private channels as long as the other person is OK with it.<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk</t>

52bugs

Jun 11, 2015
But still Fuq is 'G' rated and family friendly so why am I muted?

52bugs

Jun 11, 2015
I still don't find it right to take my rights away that I am born with.....

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

Thing1A2

Flowers are the Earths way of laughing
Staff member
Apr 7, 2015
52bugs, you were muted because even though, as you say, "Fuq" is not the actual word it is still swearing. Your freedom of Speech only applies to the Government of the United States of America, and just like a United States citizen you are required to follow the rules and laws or face the consequences. As Rune says you may say what you like in a private message but chat needs to be kept friendly, "FUQ A DUCK" is not however. You said it, I warned you to not say it again, you said it again therefore I temporarily muted you for five minutes. As long as Runic Rules are upheld there won't be any more problems, if you do swear again then the temporary mute will be longer.

Thing1A2

Flowers are the Earths way of laughing
Staff member
Apr 7, 2015
As seen here "Keep language clean!" It is in the rules, even when not spelled correctly it is still swearing.

Attachments

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Moving topic to Monastery and locking. [star] [star]

Status
Not open for further replies.