LagBeast be gone!

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Some of you have noticed that server lag has been a problem over the past few months sometimes... and you'd be correct. It's not because the server isn't powerful enough; it's because the Minecraft management tool we use (called AMP, it's the newer version of McMyAdmin) has a bug that eats up CPU like a pepperoni pizza at random times. I've supplied the developer with details of the problem as we see it, along with many other server owners.

It SEEMS like the latest version, which I updated about a week or so ago, has really helped out. I hope you've experienced less lag... because the server usage charts sure look a lot better lately. In the blue chart below you'll see overall CPU usage which in the last week has been fantastic. Prior to that... scarily inconsistent. In the pink/yellow chart you can see what programs are eating up the resources... yellow = Minecraft and pink = "AMP". Just as a hint, it's crazy that AMP would take up 3x the CPU as the actual Minecraft server... hence the bug/problem. But in both charts you'll see the last week has looked very good.

Now let's just hope it stays this way!!

Attachments