Getting more people to Runic!

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Hiya everyone!

We have so many projects running lately to add new fun things to the server, but not as many people as we had last summer (up to 30 on at the same time in peak). Now we're more like 20-25 in peak. So it's not horrible, but we want more people on so everyone has more fun and options to play with others!

The staff have some ideas for how to get more people here - but I'd like to ask you all too. What do you think we can do to get more people here [OR] hold onto the people who come in but don't stick around.

Here are some things in my head - feel free to oppose, support, or add on thoughts...
> Too difficult to start out - players don't know how to begin or what to do, how to find a place to build
> Faiths are too complicated
> Leveling faith is too hard
> Not enough towns for new players to start out in with some basic materials
> We don't advertise on minecraft forums enough
> We don't know which forums are good to advertise on
> We don't have the right gamemodes to hold onto a larger audience
> More things?

Lastly - the easiest solution is to advertise on the minecraft server list sites by paying for the sponsored slots, but they are VERY expensive and that's not an option for now. :(

/Rune

Lady_EJ

PenguinHax
Staff member
Dec 4, 2015
hi

i tthe advertisement is enough i think you got 6 sites runic has advertisements on.
quiet some people do join but never come back. i think probably maybe the towns people can live in are to few maybe, or people dont know where to start. thats what ive heard sometimes from the people that join .
faith can be hard at startes but there are enough resources to learn more about the faith lelevling so i dont think that faith is a problem.
for example some of my friends joined the server but they didnt really know where to start. but after a while they started building stuff and they like the server now. they did have some trouble with faith but the faith book thingy did explain it good so.
(maybe a strange idea but i have seen some people join that were new to minecraft so you could make like a little tuturial about the basics of minecraft if a player needs help with that)
*this is what i think XD i might be wrong about some stuff.

Apr 30, 2016
kktwojingle.deviantart.com
TWITTER
kktwojingle
WEBSITE
https://kktwojingle.deviantart.com/
YOUTUBE
kktwojingle
all the things are pretty complacated for new people so i suggest, like gradualy introducing people to everything so they aren't overwhelmed by everything as they start,

and maybe make the creative contests shorter, cos this pirate one was for skyblock and was still here for like a few months i think,

and maybe update the website more often, and maybeeee, this is just an idea, make like another place that is just for creative building like so if people wanna just build they can go there to build like a plot world thats not for contests?

andddd maybe, add a slimefun tutorial room cos lots of people have questions about slimefun and the wiki isent that helpful

And maybe make the /wild portals closer, cos new players do /wild and see those 2 portals and think that's it or they ask where all the portals are

And maybe continue the boarder lands diary cuppa was writeing to get people more exited about the boarder lands while its still being made

Just some idea's, =D (wow i say "and maybe" a lot O.O)

johnnywaffles123

Preacher of Insanity
Jun 13, 2015
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I like the idea of shortening the length of creative contests.
A plotworld just for creative non contest builds could be fun for players.

Updating things on the website as well as a slimefun tutorial are actually on our agenda, I believe.