Operation giant smiles, arrows, clocks?

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
roughly in the center expanding out I'm planning to make a city based on Vinnie Veritas comics/animations any thoughts?

btw youtube video for a better idea of what I'm talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exsBaFUPKfg

Attachments

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
A little late sorry but interested to see how this looks :)

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
very slow progress on my own flattening the land XD I will get the job done eventually.
might be a good idea to just put up some buildings where I have the land flat and just expand as I go

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
And some screenshots of progress :D

52bugs

Jun 11, 2015
I could help flatten the land, my trusty shovel and me...

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

52bugs

Jun 11, 2015
I didn't see the pyramid until now...

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
Put up the GrandMarket as a starting building as a circle its 69x69 and added a second circle to use for chests also 69x69 this is currently going to be the only building I add with guts (or internal rooms/structures you chose)

Have mapped out the area I'm going to use and some time going to be building likely hands down the biggest circle in runic.......(oh yay me.....) right now the circle is going to be in two stages
reaching roughly 20-35 blocks up and the dimesons get this 628x628.......I have built myself a grave essentially which is going to be absolutely feuuuuun getting the materials.....(very strange to me how determined ive been with this really)

my next plan is to draw up a sketch of where to put everything inside the walls with each section being on different heights to give the place an even bigger feel to it (also cause I hate building stuff of entirely one plane)

also while my theme is the same I was thinking of doing some changes to not entirely fit the theme (mainly cause a giant city made of stone and clay does not sound visually appealing)

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
This is what I came up with so far as for the layout
this is a 1x1 scale with each inch on this design being converted into a single block

Black- Noble Estate
Gray- Streets
White- Slums/Low Class
Green- Park/Wild Zone
Blue- Moderates/Middle Class
Brown- Farms
Purple- Market
Red- GrandMarket (renovations will turn it into a tower later)

Attachments

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Where is this? Got coords?

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
-2907,5555 expanding out 700 blocks
its construction has not started excluding the market in the center since
1. I don't have the materials yet but working on it
2. something this big is difficult to get right and cause its 700 blocks I have to use paint to get the block placement pattern

(EDIT- Just noticed a building would be in the way and I might want to cut it down a lot to avoid taking up space now that ive gotten a sense of the scale of the world so I'm going to redesign it and come back to this)

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
--***UPDATE***--
_Help appreciated_
I have full intent to go though the project to the end but I would not mind help
I can pay if you want though the price for your work is not based on the scale as I don't intend for you to stick
though the project is big and some bits of it is going to be boring so if you want pay ill pay for the amount of work you do

Due to some errors and finding 700 was to big it has been scaled down to 500 and that's final. No bigger. No smaller.
Also the design was shunk to fit the 500 blocks and was redone entirely to get some new ideas though as well as add buildings which ill leave details like the smiley faces and zeppelins for another date

Pink- Buyable Plots
Gray buildings- Buyable prebuilt builds (not furnish) - there are a few builds that cant be bought though
Blue- Spots for stairs or entrances
Yellow- Secret till it comes up

--Progress as of this post--

Attachments

__TARDIS__

Dec 14, 2015
Wow how long do you think you will take to make this city i can help if you need any

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
__TARDIS__ said:
Wow how long do you think you will take to make this city i can help if you need any
roughly a month for the second layer but if I could get help collecting stone/stone brick I could maybe see the time being cut in half that would be all the help I could ask for though after setting up the walls if people still wanted to help I could think of a few things

overall time to finish the city id say is 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 months should I work alone for the most part as I have been now with occasional and most appreciated help
though this estimation is based only on rough design. Small details and other cosmetics as well as the few buildings that will have interior decoration will be saved for last for sake of progress

__TARDIS__

Dec 14, 2015
Will the building be hollow if so can i have one of the building or are you gonna use them for something else?

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
__TARDIS__ said:
Will the building be hollow if so can i have one of the building or are you gonna use them for something else?
yes the building will be hallow with the exception of I think three and yes you can after they are put up

Th3D0ctor

May 6, 2015
Wow, this is an epic build. I will be checking this out regularly. I want to see it when it's finished.

Nov 19, 2015
The Library
Progress thus far has been going smoothly with the exception of the multiple breaks to collect stone, cobble and stone brick and buy it from others. (I must thank you for restocking it whenever possible) What you see now being the multiple lines is the elevated areas and the sandstone are where the pathways to each level will be located right now the stone count is roughly 384K
or in boss shop (which is where when desperate I've been buying from. Thankfully I've only had to do this a few times now seeing the total) totaled up to 230,400,000R if I had to buy all the stone so again I have to thank the people helping thus far and the wonderful store owners whom I've been a patron in the stone market towards so I did not have the spend such a high amount.....in case you don't know just how screwed I would have been had I needed to pay it all Rollie the person with the highest balance right now has 56,931,967R.

So really when I say thank you for the help (you know who you are) I really mean this its been a long project that's just going to be getting harder from this point forward

Edit: (After talking to Deb about this I found out I did the math wrong XD and its at 7,125,000R however I am still thankful)

Attachments

Deb

You better believe it
Staff member
Dec 21, 2015
It's turning out really well, Clock! I'm so excited to see the end product. [40]