New Year, New Experiences

Jun 27, 2015
2016 has arrived, with 2015 leaving a sour taste in my mouth. It hasn't been a good year at all mainly due to school and the 'A' Level exams that I had to take. However, it's all over and done with, and I'm going to be facing new challenges in life, like going for my mandatory National Service (NS). NS is basically serving in the army for 2 years, and all Singaporean males have to go through this. It sucks, at first glance.

Many people lament NS because it's time consuming, but I feel that it's a welcome change from the mentally tiring education system we have here. School really leaves no room for free time, because there's so much to cram in our brains, but so little time!

To be honest, I'd rather be physically tired than mentally stressed out by school and my family. I'm that typical Asian kid who has high expectations from parents, so you can probably imagine the stress from it all.

Hopefully my results don't turn out all that bad for A levels, and cope well in the army this year. Plenty of new experiences to be had for me in 2016, I suppose. On a minor note, I stayed up all night, and took the first train home for the first time in my life, on New Year's Day. So there's that too.

You guys have anything to share in regards to experiencing new things this year? What are your resolutions?