Creative World

May 31, 2015
I know I'm not active on the server lately but I try to stay up to date on all the goings on because our kids have made many friends here <3 (and I love RP) I have a suggestion to add in as a possible thing to think about in the future.

KK recently made it to master and was saying that now that she's hit the top rank there's not much else to do. Once you finish up the jobs, grind through the faiths, etc all that's left is to build. She was feeling bad that she's taking up so much space in the survival world just building random things so I was thinking what about a creative plot world that only master could access.

That way once players hit that top rank they have something new to do, they could then access the creative plot world and build build build =) they could build freely within their plot and hey maybe the staff will like a build so much they will add it in (thinking about things like mazes, or minigames for the future, or even holiday decorations, etc.) It would limit the plot world to only those players that have been serious about the server to work their way up so it wouldn't be filled with tons of inactive people/builds, etc just taking up space. Also it might give the server some new builds to add in from the players so they feel more involved.

Just an idea [15] Love you guys! [0]

Apr 30, 2016
kktwojingle.deviantart.com
TWITTER
kktwojingle
WEBSITE
https://kktwojingle.deviantart.com/
YOUTUBE
kktwojingle
Yusssss, having masters access it will make people wanna work for the master rank ;O !

CrocodileHax

The Reptilian Elder Moderator of Doom
Staff member
Aug 23, 2015
Freemason headquarters
www.Joshlol-is-love-Joshlol-is-life.com
WEBSITE
http://www.Joshlol-is-love-Joshlol-is-life.com/
It's an idea that was taken out of the idea box a while ago and very briefly discussed.
No decisions about actually bringing it to life has been made yet though.

Even though I personally like keeping things survival, if done right this could work, in my opinion at least. Don't want to say too much since it's not up to me :^)

oh and
Cuppaaaaa you gotta check in more frequently ;_;

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
I do support the idea if we control it in some way... there are good suggestions here and also amongst the staff.

The most limiting factor honestly is disk space oddly enough. Our survival world, the livemap, and backups eat stupid amounts of space. I'm looking into options.

enzem

May 10, 2016
I think a creative world would be best implemented as a "Test World"(tentative title, i'm sure you guys can come up with a better name than that xD)

As players continue to play, it's only natural that we want to start building bigger things. However, it's hard to do that when you're limited to the ground, and scaffolding isn't quite enough either.
So a world where we can sketch out layouts, multiblock detailing, color palettes, and redstone(with set limits) of a build would be incredibly useful for that. This way people will be spending more time on awesome long term projects, instead of a lot of small projects that spread out through the server.

To prevent an imploding of the servers memory, and a "migration" where players only build in the creative world, it could be wiped on a regular bi-weekly schedule or whatever Rune deems appropriate.

HiggiMC

Staff member
Dec 22, 2015
Love your ideas enzem